There’s nothing worse than coming down with a cold or flu, but it’s something we all experience — for some, battling seasonal sickness might be a regular occurrence, while others are able to stave off viral infections seemingly without effort. There’s a lot of talk about our immune systems these days, and anything extra that we can do to add beneficial nutrients and vitamins to our bodies is a step in the right direction. That said, when you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms, will IV immune therapy actually help you get better?
Here are five things you can do to protect yourself, your family, and those around you from the flu.
- Wash Your Hands: Washing your hands is one of the best ways to prevent getting sick in general; it keeps your hands clean and germ-free so you don’t inadvertently spread viruses like the flu. Use hand sanitizer when you can’t wash your hands.
- Cover Your Cough or Sneeze: The very simple act of covering your cough with a tissue can prevent the spread of the flu and other illnesses. Use a tissue (or the crook of your elbow if you must).
- Consider a Flu Shot: Seasonal flu vaccines are designed to protect against infection and illness caused by flu viruses. Though a flu shot’s effectiveness can vary, it is considered to be a valuable tool for preventing serious cases of illness.
- Stay Home: If you feel sick, just stay at home and rest. Take a few days to get better, and return to regular activities like school and work only once your symptoms have improved. Note: You are most contagious with the flu in the first 3 to 4 days of showing symptoms such as fever, sneezing, headache, etc.
- Get IV Hydration Therapy: IV hydration therapy offers benefits that may help you when you have the flu. How? While drinking water and electrolyte beverages can help, an IV drip offers a more efficient way to hydrate than drinking fluids. Getting an infusion of electrolytes and vitamins can provide a rapid boost in the midst of your illness.
If you are concerned about getting the flu in Sacramento, CA, or the surrounding area, you should reach out to the hydration health professionals at Humble Hydration & Wellness to learn more about IV hydration therapy and how it can help you meet your hydration needs and benefit you this flu season. Humble Hydration & Wellness is a concierge IV hydration provider offering a variety of vitamin and mineral blends administered via IV drip. . If you would like a boost from IV hydration, please don’t hesitate to contact Humble Hydration & Wellness online at any time. Or to speak directly with a Humble & Hydration wellness specialist, call 916-937-3094 during their open hours. You can also reach them via email at any time.